Beekeeper and HarBee’s founder Pat Harrison will be putting on a free virtual educational programing every week with the intent to educate people of New Jersey of all ages about our 6-legged friends. All age groups are welcome to any of the classes below, but for the most part information will be presented in a way for those a little mature.
** Classes with asterixis are part of HarBee’s beginners beekeeping course and might require you to have watched live the the recording of passed videos to fulling understand.
Have a Question? Ask by posting your question to HarBee’s Educational Facebook Group for all the learn or email Pat@HarBee.net
For More Info on beginner Beekeeping Course CLICK HERE
Upcoming Virtual Classes
- Pest and diseases of honey bees
- March 2nd at 7 pm **
- Your first couple weeks of having bees. What to do
- March 4th at 7pm **
Upcoming in Person – Live Bee Demonstration and Classes
Each field day will cost 70 dollars per person. Location and fixed dates are still now set in stone due to covid restrictions. All three dates below are part of the HarBee Beginner Beekeeping Course.
- April 24th-ish (this is weather dependent but it will be on a Saturday or Sunday)
- June 26th (rain date July 3rd)
- August 28th (rain date September 4th)
Recent Virtual Classes with links to videos
- The general life cycle of the honey bee **
- Is beekeeping right for me
- Who’s in the hive?
- Basic Life Cycle of the Honey Bee – YouTube
- The seasonal life cycle of the honey bee **
- Main take away: Understanding the life cycle is important to understand from when it comes to pest management
- Seasonal Cycle of a Honey Bee Colony – YouTube