Beekeeper and HarBee’s founder Pat Harrison will be putting on a free virtual educational programing every week with the intent to educate people of New Jersey of all ages about our 6-legged friends. All age groups are welcome to any of the classes below, but for the most part information will be presented in a way for those a little mature.
** Classes with asterixis are part of HarBee’s beginners beekeeping course and might require you to have watched live the the recording of passed videos to fulling understand.
Have a Question? Ask by posting your question to HarBee’s Educational Facebook Group for all the learn or email Pat@HarBee.net
For More Info on beginner Beekeeping Course CLICK HERE
Upcoming Virtual Classes
- Thursday April 29th What’s flowering Honey bee important plants in Northern NJ
- Pat Harrison will talk about the different plants that are used by bees and beekeepers though out the be season. Starting with Skunk cabbage in the spring ending with Golden Rod in the fall. All are welcome, while this will talk about beekeeping management any naturalist none beekeeping might find it interesting.
- Class #7: June 10thTalking about dearth, feeding 50%
- Issues that might happen with Formic treatment 30%
- Honey harvest dos and don’t
- Q&A 10%
- Assignment #6
Upcoming in Person – Live Bee Demonstration and Classes
Each field day will cost 65 dollars per person. Location and fixed dates are still now set in stone due to covid restrictions. All three dates below are part of the HarBee Beginner Beekeeping Course.
April 17th To join email Pat with the subject “Field Class”
June 26th (rain date July 3rd)
August 28th (rain date September 4th)
Recent Virtual Classes with links to videos
- The general life cycle of the honey bee **
- Is beekeeping right for me
- Who’s in the hive?
- Basic Life Cycle of the Honey Bee – YouTube
- The seasonal life cycle of the honey bee **
- Main take away: Understanding the life cycle is important to understand from when it comes to pest management
- Seasonal Cycle of a Honey Bee Colony – YouTube
- What you should be doing your first couple weeks of having bees
- Class #6: March 18th What are my bees doing? Understanding what is wrong, what is good, are my bees healthy? All will be covered
- Assignment #5
Fund Future Free online Classes
These free online classes are paid for though honey, candles, and nuc sales, but if you are not a customer and want to support please consider giving that you can. The “price” to this bottom is set to 1-Dollar as a default.