Beekeeper and HarBee founder Pat Harrison will be putting on a free virtual education programing every week for school children as home learning seems to be the new realty. Pat knows that virtual learning for him in middle and high school would be a train wreck, so we are making moves to try to mitigate the hurt covid will put on the learning of the youth today.
Complete list of up coming free talks and links to where they are.
- September 16th at 5PM, Beekeeper Pat Harrison over Zoom will discuss the life cycle of the Honey Bee. There are two to look at the life cycle for the honey bee and both are important for proper management. For zoom link CLICK HERE
- September 23th at 5PM, a talk about pest and diseases of the honey bee. Varroa sp. will be the main focus but pest and the past and future will be discussed.
- September 30th at 5pm, the business of bees and beekeeping, a look at how most people make money with honey bees. How someone can make money with their bees will be discussed.
If you are a beekeeper and would like to host one of the Tuesday events reach out to Pat Email: Pat@HarBee.net. Other constructive criticism is welcome
Beekeeping classes for 2021
Short Course (Beeginner Beekeeping Class): $200
- 7 zoom based class lectors live on Thursdays evenings starting February 4th running weekly for seven weeks. These lectors will be recorded to watch again or for future reference.
- 3 separate field days spread out through out the year giving in you sight of spring, summer and fall management for your honeybee colonies. Location TBA but will be in Bergen county.
- April 24th-ish (this is weather dependent but it will be on a Saturday or Sunday)
- June 26th (rain date July 3rd)
- August 28th (rain date September 4th)
- You will be left with the tools to make informed decisions about the health of your honey bee colonies. Short assignments (10minutes) and a final exam (30 minutes) will enforce the principles if the also 18 hours’ worth of instruction.
- Access to closed Facebook group with class mates to ask questions and and be a apart of a beekeeping community.
- This course is for the person that wants to take on the hobby of beekeeping. Email Pat@HarBee.net for more details and to reserve a spot
- Topics cover:
- Bee biology
- Varroa and other disease treatments
- Seasonal honey bee management
- and much more